Job vacancy Counsellor
Portcullis Surgery have an exciting opportunity for a qualified counsellor to work remotely from home online and within the practice.
The sessions will consist of a mixture of 1:1 First point assessments, individual therapy sessions and group therapy sessions.
Main responsibilities will be:
· Establish a relationship of trust and respect with patients
· Actively listen to patients concerns and empathise
· Help clients towards a deeper understanding of their feelings and thoughts
· Support patients to make decisions and choices regarding possible ways forward
· Refer clients to other sources of help, as appropriate
· Attend supervision and training courses
· Liaise, as necessary, with other agencies and individuals, such as GPs, hospitals and community mental health teams
· Keep records and use reporting tools
· BACP or NCS Registered working towards accreditation or be accredited
· Level 5 qualified either degree level or diploma
· Minimum of 100 hours counselling practice
· Previous work experience in a GP Surgery
· Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) trained
· Training in EMDR
Skills and abilities
· Proven ability to support therapeutic change within short term relationships
· Ability to make professional decisions
· Basic IT competence
· Ability to offer a range of counselling modalities depending on client need.
· Ability to undertake initial assessments and monitor risk
· Understanding of Health & Safety
· Knowledge and understanding of common mental health difficulties
· Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedures in respect of children and vulnerable adults
· An understanding of Equality and Diversity duties in the workplace
· A knowledge of relevant agencies, organisations and professionals within Shropshire
Values and Personal attributes
· A commitment to Portcullis Surgery’s values
· A commitment to equality and diversity.
· A non-judgemental attitude.
· Flexible and positive work ethic
· Work well in a team
· The post holder must display integrity, honesty and good judgement
· Proof of membership of an appropriate Professional Body
· Proof of personal Professional Indemnity Insurance
Deadline for this application is Friday 16th April
Interview date will likely take place on Wednesday 21st April from 17:30
With the view of a start date of Monday 17th May (flexible for right candidate)
This is a fixed term post until 31st March 2022.
Apply be sending your CV and a covering letter to Rachel Shields Practice Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
or via Facebook jobs