Portcullis Surgery

Portcullis Lane, Ludlow, SY8 1GT

Telephone: 01584 872 939

https://florey.accurx.com/p/M82043

We are closed. Call 111 for urgent advice out of hours.

Reduction in waiting times and improving access

Posted on January 5th, 2024

 

Improvingaccesstogeneralpractice300x178
Plan to reduce waiting times and improve access

As you are aware, we already offer on the day assessment by a clinician for all cases perceived to be URGENT with our system of daily duty clinicians.

We now wish to tackle our waiting times for ROUTINE appts and improve our follow up appointments booking system.

The aim of this new system will be to clinically assess all patients asking for a ROUTINE appointment within 14 days of contacting the practice.

This assessment will usually be in the form of a booked appointment either face to face or telephone call within 14 days or if this is not possible, at the very least a text from a clinician with advice and a management plan.

What do you need to do?

If your problem is URGENT and cannot wait a few days, then CALL the practice and ask for a call back from the Book on the day Duty Clinician as usual.

If your problem is NOT URGENT but you have a new or worsening problem, then our aim will be to see or speak to you within 14 days or at least give you advice and a management plan in the form of a text. Send us an online message on the following link: https://florey.accurx.com/p/M82043 or call us and our reception team will be happy to help you.

If you are asking for a Follow up appointment about a problem you have already spoken to a specific clinician about then send us an online message on the following link: https://florey.accurx.com/p/M82043 or call us 3-4 weeks before you need your appointment and specifically ask for a follow up appointment, let us know what date range you need it for and ask for that specific clinician.

Our new system is starting this Monday January 8th!

As you can see below from the data in July 2023 from Portcullis Surgery on NHS Digital, we saw a total of 4,877 patients in July 2023 out of which 43% were seen same day and 79% were seen within 2 weeks. What we are seeking to do is reduce the remaining 21% who waited more than 2 weeks to practically zero.

Dataportcullisjuly2023

We hope this pilot will be successful and that you will soon notice a better and improved service. We will be asking for feedback regarding this pilot from you in March.

Happy 2024!

Opening Times

  • Monday
    08:30am to 06:00pm
    6-8pm Pre-booked appointments only.Call 111 for advice OOH
  • Tuesday
    08:30am to 06:00pm
    6-8pm Pre-booked appointments only.Call 111 for advice OOH
  • Wednesday
    08:30am to 06:00pm
    6-8pm Pre-booked appointments only.Call 111 for advice OOH
  • Thursday
    08:30am to 06:00pm
    Call 111 for advice OOH
  • Friday
    08:30am to 06:00pm
    Open 1-2 Fridays a month. 6-8pm Pre-booked appointments only.Call 111 for advice OOH
  • Saturday
    CLOSED
  • Sunday
    CLOSED
    Call 111 for advice OOH
NHS A-Z Conditions
Find Local Services
Live Well