Who can be referred to the programme?
- You must be 18 or over.
- You must have a BMI greater than 30. The BMI threshold will be lowered to 27.5 for people from black, Asian, and ethnic minority backgrounds, as we know people from these ethnic backgrounds are at an increased risk of conditions such as Type 2 diabetes at a lower BMI.
- You must have diabetes, high blood pressure, or both.
Who cannot be referred to the programme?
- You must not be pregnant.
- You must not have an eating disorder.
- You must not have had previous bariatric surgery
- You must have diabetes, high blood pressure, or both, if you do not have these medical conditions you cannot be referred.
What equipment do you need?
- You must have a smartphone, tablet, or computer with internet access.
- You must have a set of scales at home (need to be able to weigh yourself)
Please fill in the form below and our secretaries will contact you and refer you to the program
Interest in Referral to Online Free NHS Weight loss programme
The NHS Digital Weight Management Programme supports adults living with obesity who also have a diagnosis of diabetes or hypertension or both, to manage their weight and improve their health. It is a 12-week online behavioural and lifestyle programme. People can access it via a smartphone or computer with internet access. To register your interest in the weight loss programme , ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS FILL IN THE FORM BELOW AND SUBMIT IT. Or you can print the forms and hand them in to reception or send them by post